Frontend/JS Weekly Digest (26 января — 1 февраля)
Hope, you’ll find it useful.
- Tradeoffs in server side and client side rendering
- Microsoft Spartan and the Future for Internet Explorer
- Inside Microsoft’s New Rendering Engine For The “Project Spartan”
React Native: For Building Native Mobile Apps with React
React.js Conf has been taking place this week and one of the biggest reveals was ‘React Native’, a technology for building native iOS and Android apps with React. There’s also a second keynote that takes a deeper dive.
React in 7 Minutes [video]
In a whirlwind screencast tour, John Lindquist demonstrates building a simple app in 7 minutes.
Riot.js, a 2.5kb user interface library, aims to be a competitor to React but with a lightweight approach.
One of the core members of Angular team left the project to work on his own framework; Aurelia is the result. Highly modular, written in ES6, no external dependencies, and with long term support and stability as a goal.
An online programming game where you have to program an elevator system to transport people around a building. Be warned, this may steal an hour of your day.
- Why I Ditched Angular for React
- Sparrow: A Functional Testing Library Based On Jasmine and jQuery