Frontend/JS Weekly Digest (2 февраля — 8 февраля)
Hey! That’s our second weekend digest already. Don’t miss latest news and keep yourself up to date!
- JetBrains WebStorm 10 Early Access Preview is ready to download
Expert ES6: An Exercise-Based ES6 Interactive Course
A simple interactive course where you read through material then complete a code exercise on each page to progress. Seems a good way to pick up some ES6 if you’re not working with it yet.
Takeaways from React.js Conf 2015
A pretty good summary of some of the takeaways to be aware of from the first annual React.js Conference that took place week at Facebook HQ. List of all videos from the conference is here.
First Impressions Using React Native
A pretty good overview of React Native from someone who’s been able to play with it already (it’s not fully public yet). Includes some brief code examples and a video.
Things like avoiding typecasting, in-place string concatenation, and using Web Workers. Includes JSPerf test cases for each one.
What the Flux?
The author was initially confused by the often-associated-with-React 'Flux' architecture so once he figured it out, he's broken things down in an easier to understand way for everyone else.
Practical comparison of different Flux solutions is a really nice addition to the article.
- React Hot Loader - Tweak React components in real time.
- Is.js - Micro general-purpose check library
- Another article about Server-Side Rendering
- CSS Reference - An extensive CSS reference with all the important properties and info to learn CSS from the basics.